OPTIMIZE PLANT HEALTH with Additional Dissolved Oxygen (DO)
Oxygen and Plant Roots
- Many horticulturists don’t think about the important fact that plants need oxygen to survive and Thrive. Most of us think of plants as living organisms that produce oxygen during photosynthesis, and not as organisms that also need oxygen to grow.
- Like other organisms, plants need oxygen to perform cellular respiration. Roots grow like other parts of the plant, but since they are under soil or contained in a hydroponic system, they are not exposed to light and cannot photosynthesize.
- Instead, they gain energy for growth by cellular respiration that requires oxygen and releases CO2. This is why a plant’s root mass must be exposed to some form of oxygen. For soil growers, the soil’s texture will determine the amount of open spaces for air (oxygen).
- In hydroponic systems, such as deep water culture where the plant’s roots are submersed in water, the roots will rely on dissolved oxygen found in the nutrient solution. This dissolved oxygen will need to be replenished as the plant uses it. In both soil and hydroponic systems, if there is not a sufficient supply of oxygen, the roots will not be able to survive and will die off, eventually killing the entire plant.
- Lotus irrigation and greenhouse technology injects oxygen into irrigation water and delivers market-leading efficiency in oxygen transfer.
- More oxygen near the root zone increases nutrient absorption and plant resistance to environmental stress. An oxygen-enriched root zone improves:
- Root mass
- Increases uptake of key nutrients like calcium and potassium,
- Helps suppress pathogenic growth
- Reduce Bio-film, Source water algae, and pathogens like Pythium and Phytophthora to optimize plant health and growth.
===== Ozone Clean Irrigation system =====
'Breath of New Life' into Your Hydroponic Set-up
Ozonated water is a fantastic way to cleanse a hydroponic system without having to drain it down and spend hours disinfecting everything. Entire hydroponic systems can be cleansed by the free-roaming ozone molecules, as they will still bind to harmful pathogens in the same way they would in the atmosphere. You could even use the ozone generator during a grow cycle to purify both the water and root systems at the same time.
Benefits of Ozone
- Better than Chlorine: Ozone is a natural and potent oxidizing agent. Significantly more powerful than chlorine bleach, and 3,100 times faster acting, means minimum contact time. Ozone is more effective than chlorine at tackling mold, pathogens, fungi, and bud rot. Periodically treat a grow room to ozone to sanitize your plants and soil. Also, use it to sterilize equipment and completely reset a growing area between cultivations. Quickly and efficiently clean and sterilize equipment like pH meters, cutters, screens, fans, or anything else used.
- Hydroponic Systems: Ozonated water is a great way to cleanse and sanitize a hydroponic system without having to drain it and spend hours disinfecting everything. Pumping ozone into the water can clean entire hydroponic systems as the ozone molecules will kill harmful pathogens in the water. You can use the ozone generator to purify water and root systems during a growth cycle, avoiding root rot and adding additional oxygen to the plants.
- Ozone: It is eco-friendly, produced on-site at your facility. No harmful chemical residuals are released into the air or groundwater or left on the product. Ozone systems are completely sustainable and organic.