Improve Indoor Air Quality for Air Purification and Sterilization
Air fills our space invisibly and we directly depend on it for our life breath.
Good air for us means:
1. Free from odour
2. Free from disease causing micro-organism and cross contamination
3. Full of freshness
4. Full of oxygen to breathe
Thus it is important for us to breathe air which is free from contaminants,toxic chemicals, and disease causing microorganisms.
Indoor Air Quality
Like the water we drink and food we eat, the air we breathe has a great impact on our state of health. We spend 90% of our lives indoors, where according to EPA report, air quality is frequently more polluted than the air outdoors. In fact the American college of Allergists states that 50% of illness are caused or aggravated by poor indoor air quality. Every person inhale over 12000 litters of air every day. Children inhale more particles for their size than adolescents or adults.
Ozone As An Effective Tool For Indoor Air Quality Management:
Ozone is increasingly being employed commercially for air treatment odour control (removal of VOCs from the air). This is conveniently and practically achieved by integrating the ozone generator system into the HVAC system. HVAC systems used in commercial spaces fitted with ozone systems has a high return on investment in systems which create and maintain high quality air.
Ozone has been used for about a century to treat water for pathogens, minerals, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and other impurities. Only in the last decade or so, however, has ozone been applied on a large scale to heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
Why Ozone Air Treatment Is Cost Effective:
In air treatment systems carbon filters have been used to remove airborne chemicals and micro pore filters have been used to block the passage of pathogens. These filters are now just beginning to be replaced by ozone because the filters have high periodic replenishment costs, and overcoming the pressure drop they cause consumes costly energy.
All HVAC systems need "makeup air" in air systems.When carbon dioxide, VOCs or other contributors to poor air quality exceed set-points, increased make-up air (air from the outside) is metered into the building HVAC system. This seemingly simple solution leads to two problems: the energy required to heat or cool the additional make up air can add significantly to the system operating cost, and the make-up air can bring in more contaminants such as dust and VOCs.
Major reasons for this surge of interest in ozone treatment of indoor air include:
- Heightened public awareness that something can be done about indoor air quality (IAQ).
- Increased IAQ problems due to sealed buildings and less makeup (outside) air metered into HVAC systems.
- Increased public intolerance for smoking and the realization that many common chemicals contribute to poor IAQ.
- New ozone generator and ozone monitor designs that make system control a reality.
- Attractive payback economics due to savings in energy and in replenishments for carbon filters which have been eliminated.
It has been found that ozone works well with particulate filters. It eliminates the need for costly carbon VOC filters and reduces the makeup air required which is costly to condition. Paybacks for ozone systems are typically about one year.
Control Household Odours.
Control Indoor Air Pollution.
Cigarette & Cigar Smoke Elimination.
Mould Control & Removal.
Hotel/Motel Room Odour Removal.
Controlling Pet and Animal Odours.
Controlling Insects and Vermin.
Control of Odours from Restrooms.
- Kills all microbes (bacteria, virus, etc.), moulds, fungus etc., in the ducts
- Enriches air with oxygen so that the room occupants feel energetic.
- Removes the closed room syndrome/ headache caused by deficiency of oxygen.
- Stops cross contamination / spread of air borne / transmitted diseases by killing microorganisms permanently.
- Deodorises air and does not mask odour as done by other aerosol sprays.
- Keeps room continuously fresh.
- Reduces power consumption by 20 to 30% as fresh air intake of air every day is reduced.
- Lotus introduces ozone based air purifier to provide you contaminant free, oxygen rich, clean air.
- Lotus air purifiers are free from chemicals, smoke, and can be used for both air purification and industrial exhaust treatment.
- Lotus air purifier makes use of a unique system of ozone purification which not only removes toxins but also enriches air with pure oxygen, a specialty given by nature only to ozone.